Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Braun/Oral B electric tootbrush.

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
news
The Braun's I've had don't seem to be designed for battery replacement.

Some of the charger stands have pins and flanges for the purpose of

ripping
open the toothbrush to remove the cells for recharging. Whether you can
successfully reassemble the brush is another matter. I've never tried.

I upped the force I used to pop open the bottom and was able to remove the
case. I didn't realize that a 45 degree counterclockwise twist of the bottom
plate allowed the internal "hooks" to have a clear exiting path. You still
have to pry a screwdriver in there to nudge it out. Inside, there was quite
a bit of moisture. You could actually see water puddling up in some places
on the PC board. The picture tells all:

http://www.pbase.com/image/89369067

Time for a new toothbrush.

--