Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Allodoxaphobia Allodoxaphobia is offline

Default Braun/Oral B electric tootbrush.

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 12:17:38 -0800, William Sommerwerck wrote:
The Braun's I've had don't seem to be designed for battery replacement.

Some of the charger stands have pins and flanges for the purpose of ripping
open the toothbrush to remove the cells for recharging. Whether you can
successfully reassemble the brush is another matter. I've never tried.

I think I remember the language in the materials that came with my Braun
electric toothbrush referring to the "twist and snap open" procedure as
something to be used during disposal -- as mandated by Gummint Rules.
To discard the toothbrush one is supposed to break out the battery(ies)
and dispose of them 'properly' whilst you tossed the rest of the carcass
into the bin.

I'm sure almost NOBODY does that -- but, it keeps otherwise
un-employable folks busy at the Gummint Department of Inexplicable
Processes and Daft Procedures.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux