Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Herd instincts?

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 13:14:03 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

It is not practiced by many so called Christians. Civility is
worthwhile in and of itself, you seem to practice it yourself.

Most of the practising Christians that I've met are genuinely decent
and civil people. The press like to find and highlight the bigots of
the right, but usually admire the creeps of the left. A Baptist
minister may have illicit sex, and is mocked in the press; a JFK or a
Bill Clinton behave in ways that are not only a hundred times as
outrageous, but dangerous to the security of the country, and are
publicly admired for their virility.

Public opinion in the US, and probably the world, is mostly shaped by
the graduates of journalism schools, people who can't write linear
prose and can't tell a watt from a kwh, or a bacteria from a virus,
and sure can't understand economics. Hipness, cynicism, and edginess
are admired in the media; thoughtfulness and civility are not.

How many TV shows these days feature characters who are polite?

Grrrrr.

John

This morning a local TV station was reporting an accident on I4. The
driver fell asleep, then woke and overcorrected and rolled the vehicle.
They were all ejected, and the driver was dead at the scene. The
reporter stated that the vehicle was a Ford 'Exploder'. She stumbled
over a couple words, then said, "Explorer'. That doesn't instill any
confidence in the media.

"Exploder" IS the correct name ;-) Arizona Department of Public
Safety has furloughed all their "Exploder" units while Ford fixes a
wheel/suspension/tire issue.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |