Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Rigid Band Saws?

mapdude wrote in
:

Thanks to all for the info.

I am in a quandary here cause I just won some gift cards to Home
Depot. I already have a Rigid table saw and absolutely love it. I got
a Rigid 15" drill press a couple of months ago and love it too. I have
had a Rigid planer/joiner for a couple of years now, so I have been
happy with their stuff for a while.

Don't forget you need wood to play with. ;-)

I just play in the shop at night and on weekends, so this is not going
to be used in a production environment, and I am in the process of
replacing all the 25 year old Craftsman stuff I inherited from my dad
when he passed 5 years ago.

25 year old Craftsman stuff... That might be some good stuff. Make darn
sure your replacements are truely superior before you "upgrade."

The Rigid band saw looks like it is solidly made, just wish it came
with a fence.

Lowes has the Delta 14" open stand band saw on sale in my area for
$399, but that is still more than the Rigid sells for. Wonder if they
will honor a HD gift card?

I just don't think the Delta is that much better than the Rigid, and
my budget (think SWMBO) won't allow me to climb into the $500+ range
at this time....

It might be something you have to take home and play with a bit before
really deciding if it's good or not.

Puckdropper