Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rigid Band Saws?

On Nov 23, 11:13 am, mapdude wrote:

Worst case scenario, I will have to put a 200 lb. machine back in the
SUV and take it a block back to the HD for a refund or order a Delta off
the HD website...

FWIW, I seem to remember this being reviewed by one of the wood mags/
rags a year or two ago, and it did well for the saws in its class. My
old commercial rep from HD sold a lot of those and the folks seem to
like them, especially when considering the bang for the buck.

As long as you know what you are getting and have realistic
expectations, seems like a pretty good buy to me.

Having seen the fit and finish of the Delta over at Lowe's, I would
probably make my own bandsaw from wood before buying that. The
castings were so rough they used something like a thick plastic
coating on the unmilled faces to fill in all the voids rough areas on
it. The whole machine just looked like a primitive Chinese effort
from one of those knockoff companies that come around from time to
time.

Just my 0.02.

Robert