Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Steve is offline

Default Rigid Band Saws?

mapdude wrote:
Did some searching for reviews of the Rigid 14" bandsaw. Not too promising.

Are they really as bad as the posters are saying or is this just the
people who have been unlucky to get bad units?

I've had mine for about 2 years, and it's performed well for me. I
added a riser block and use Timberwolf blades, and when it's properly
adjusted I've been able to resaw various hardwoods up to 9" wide. I
agree it could use more power, but overall I'm happy with it.

I added a Kreg fence I bought from Woodcraft:

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=5244

It's $115 US, But I don't think I paid that much for it. I bought the
7" resaw guide separately, but it comes bundled with the fence now.

--Steve