Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Scott Peter Scott is offline

Default Replacing glass panes with double-glazed units

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Peter Scott" wrote in message
om...

Hmmm. Interesting. Looks like I might thinkagain about redoing the dg
myself in existing frames. Damn. Means I've got to paint them again.
Fifteen years sounds good. Can I just check. These are softwood, not
hardwood frames you are using?

All the timber fabric of our house is softwood.

One or two spots in the window frames showed signs of rot when we were
re-glazing them, not really surprising in a 60 year old house which wasn't
well maintained for various reasons. The members were replaced with
softwood, primed and painted. So far they seem to be OK.

It is now :-)

Mary

Thanks Mary. That's very useful.

Looks like a visit to a local dg supplier. Potentially saved me enough
for a couple of holidays and a new computer.

Peter Scott