Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Nick Williams Nick Williams is offline

Default plasma tv fault

"James Sweet" wrote in message
news:Wgk1j.4288$Jy1.1026@trndny02...

"Nick Williams" wrote in message
Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
On an Orion Electric 'Vision PM4204' plams monitor I have the top half of
the screen working fine, but the bottom half changes intermittently
between total black and correct picture. What are should I be looking in
Thanks
Nick

If you're lucky, a loose connector or cracked solder joint, otherwise you
should be looking at a new set. Does it respond to tapping, temperature,
or vibration?

Hi James, thanks for your reply, at least yours is sensible. It may be
temperature dependent, but it's hard to tell. Fortunately I have been given
the set, so I am not to bothered if I can't fix it.