Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
JosephKK JosephKK is offline

Default Herd instincts?

John Larkin posted to
sci.electronics.design:

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 18:51:01 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 18:59:05 -0600, flipper
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:16:59 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Leftism is a herd instinct....

http://www.mindingthecampus.com/orig...11/post_2.html

...Jim Thompson

Ever since I watched a wolf pack of left wing yahoos trying to
shout down Hubert Humphrey during a campaign speech by screaming at
the top of their lungs "freedom of speech, freedom of speech" it's
been clear to me that a 'liberals' interpretation of the principle
is their 'right' to shut up anyone they disagree with so that the
same lack of principle exists amongst 'liberal' professors comes as
no great surprise.

And it, unfortunately, hasn't changed over all these years. Anytime
these cretins can't win an argument the technique is to
"shout-over".

** I liked Hubert Humphrey; and the Ev (Dirksen) and Charlie
(Halleck) Show... opponents were different in the "good ol' days"
;-)

...Jim Thompson

Civility is not a leftist virtue; it is bourgeois and old-fashioned,
practiced by Christians, old farts, and similar non-progressives.

John

It is not practiced by many so called Christians. Civility is
worthwhile in and of itself, you seem to practice it yourself.