Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Default Panasonic TC-11LV1 11 inch LCD TV/DVD question

Greetings:

This last spring, a local repair depot trashed a lot of inventory during
a location move; much of the discarded material remained in the parking
lot for weeks (in bad weather) and before it found its way to the landfill
(it wasn't recycled), I rescued a few things including a nearly complete
Panasonic TC-11LV1 LCD TV/DVD. The DVD drive and electronics is missing
but the LCD, tuner and I/O board remains together with the case. The
set powers on and receives OTA video nicely, but powers down after
a few seconds. I surmised that it doesn't like the absence of the
DVD drive (perhaps there is a discrete signal on a cable for drive
ready?).

Before ordering a service manual, I would appreciate knowing if anyone
has been able to run the TV without the DVD drive installed or if
a look at the service manual reveals clues about signals to simulate
the presence of the drive (if one is lucky). The LCD is very bright
and has good contrast so I would like to kludge things to be able
to run it.

Also, does anyone know the purpose of the jack beneath the tuner's
F connector (it's an eight-pin male header -- perhaps a DTV
accessory jack?)

Regards,

Michael