Posted to rec.woodworking
Lowell Holmes Lowell Holmes is offline

Default Rigid Band Saws?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...

"mapdude" wrote in message
. ..
Did some searching for reviews of the Rigid 14" bandsaw. Not too
promising.

Are they really as bad as the posters are saying or is this just the
people who have been unlucky to get bad units?

Do you really want to take a chance? If I have doubts, I just move on.
There is nothing special about Ridgid that another brand does not offer.

Except price.

Michael Fortune has a 3/4 hp Rigid that he uses to resaw 12" oak on
according to one of the articles he wrote
about tuning a bandsaw.

I tuned my 14" Jet in accordance with his suggestions and it does great.
There is no blade drift and I can resaw 12" oak.
I cut tenons on it instead of my tablesaw. I very seldom rip a board on the
tablesaw.

The Rigid looks a lot like the Jet.