Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Afghan Bridge Update and Sad News

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Leon Fisk" wrote in message

(...)

I can think of lots of ways to defeat what we are trying to
create, I suspect the bad guys can too (shrug).

Excuse me for jumping in at this late date, but what are you guys trying to
do, transmit a lot of radio-wave energy to IEDs? If so, you're going to have
to get 'way up into the microwave region to transmit any significant energy,
right? E=hf or E=hv, where h is Planck's constant and all that.

If I'm missing the point, then never mind. d8-)

You got it Ed.

I figure a 200 W microwave amplifier should result in ca 100 KW ERP at
the feed horn of a 30" diameter parabolic dish. After allowing for
space attenuation and shielding, would it reduce the IED to carbon
quickly enough to make it safe?

--Winston