Boris Beizer

Default Do Extra-Long 1/16" Drill Bits Exist?

"michael" wrote in message
"T.C. Mann" wrote:

I have been unable to locate a source for 6" long 1/16" H.S. steel
drill bits. Does anyone have a source for these? I only need these
to drill through cast aluminum at low RPM. Alternatively, if I got
some .062" piano wire could I use my drill bit sharpener to make my
own? Thank you.

The important question is not where to get such drill bits, or how to make
them. Assuming you have the bit, how do you manage to drill a straight hole
with them. That hole will twist and turn like a corkscrew. An EDM would
probably be a better choice.

Boris

--

Boris Beizer Ph.D. Seminars and Consulting

TEL: 215-572-5580
FAX: 215-886-0144
Email bsquare "at" sprintmail.com