Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default 10 foot transition from carpet and tile

homebrewdude wrote:
I need to transition my carpet and tile.

I found some 6 ft transition pieces that I have used in the past.

But I am afraid if I butt these together the end joint will not be
flush.
Any suggestions??

I had to transition 9 feet. I looked up "moulding (my city)" and found a
place nearby.

I had to get a 12' piece and I think it cost about $13.00 including tax.
This was cheaper than two 6' pieces at the big box store, but I did have to
stain and varnish the raw wood. Add one dollar for that.

I wandered into their storeroom and was staggered. Piles of lumber, each
about the size of a shipping container (guess why). Many of these stacks
contained planks about 2' x 1' and the planks were 20 to 40' long. The piles
were of Cypress, Ebony, Hickory, Mahogany, Oak, Pecan, Redwood, Cedar, Teak,
Walnut, Zebra, and more.

I bet they even had pine.