Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Gerald Ross[_2_] Gerald Ross[_2_] is offline

Default How do you make your own tools?

wrote:
On Nov 21, 2:40 pm, NoOne N Particular wrote:
Hi all,

Hi Wayne
Yes you can make some of your own tools, I have made some, but if you
want HSS gouges you will have to buy them really.
Yes Darrell Feltmate's site aroundthewoods.com is a site you should
visit for all kinds of reasons and not just tool making, I recommend
that site highly.
But I have a link here to a place that I have gotten 3 sets of tools
from, 2 for myself and one for my son, these are HSS tools and pretty
good quality to, and at the cost of one name-brand gouge, just have a
look.
http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/produ...g%20tool%20set
Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo
http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum4.html

Do these include any bowl gouges? Harbor Fright has a HSS set, but only
for spindle work.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA