Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Joining Wooden worktops

Brian Sharrock wrote:

wrote in message
I've not joined laminated mdf/chipboard kitchen worktops, but I've
biscuited lots of solid timber boards together. *If everything is
perfectly square and level* then biscuits, glue and clamps should
produce a near invisible joint.

Although most wooden worktops that I've seen are composed of many little
pieces of wood glued (laminated) together to form a board, a correctly
assembled ninety degree join is 'near invisible' to the fingertips ... it's
very apparent visually by the orientation of the basic blocks of wood from
which each element is made.

.... and who cares anyway? This obsession with hiding joints and
fixings is quite beyond me.

--
Chris Green