Posted to rec.woodworking
C & E[_2_] C & E[_2_] is offline

Default Need a quick fix for a counter top.

"BobS" wrote in message

"jtpr" wrote in message
I have a small area that 3 chairs in front of it, bar hight. It is
semi-circular, 67" wide, and 18" at its widest. Anyway, I screwed in
a piece of Avantek and got the shape down. I won't have time to do
something nice before Thanksgiving, so I was going to cut a piece of
1/8" plywood to the same shape, glue it on, and then paint it. The
sole purpose here is to just buy me a little time until after the
holidays and I get my shop set up (we just moved) so that we can use
it to socialize.

Will this work, gluing 1/8 ply to Avantek?

I only have 1 day to do this, and pretty much all hand tools.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim,

Spec sheet says you can use glue's - such as when installing the panels to
joists or gluing down a carpet. Which brought to mind - carpet tape.
Non-permanent, easy to apply, no messy glue, instant stick and you can
remove it later. You won't need much - a few strips will do to hold the
ply flat.

Bob S.

Yep, that stuff *will* stick. I just pulled a small wooden piece off a wall
where it was stuck with a 6" piece of it. When I pulled it off, with a bit
of difficulty, it pulled the paper facing off of the drywall. The
Advantech appears to be a specially designed version of OSB so you may pull
a few of the strands up when you remove the tape. Use less than you think
you will need and it should do the job for you with minimal damage.