Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Kraus Steve Kraus is offline

Default 220 volt to 110 volt

Terry wrote:

Actually if you read the original post, the OP could have a neutral
with only two current carrying conductors if he converts the circuit
to 110V, which is what he is asking.

No, I don't think that's what he's asking although I agree there is at
least a touch of ambiguity. While he does use the word "convert" in the
first sentence when he says what he is proposing in the second sentence he
refers only to things at the outlet end, nothing about at all about
converting entirely to a 120V circuit.

If he's proposing anything at the breaker end it's not contained in what he
stated. Until he says otherwise I will presume he means to put a 120
outlet across one leg of the "220" (240) and neutral with a ground.
Whether the neutral is there or not remains to be seen but that's the
proposal that I get out of the posting.