Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default Tv picture issue

On Nov 21, 10:55 pm, wrote:
Hi

I have a one year old Prima flat screen. The colour of the picture is
now sort of blue and purple and the picture slides down to a blank
screen with verticle lines. This is the exact same problem with the
previous TV (Different Brand) that also lasted less than a year.

The same problem presents it it is hooked up to the cable only or the
DVD only. This house is only 3 years old and I am wondering if there
is an issue that is not related to the TV.

I called Cable and they assure me there is no signal amplifier hooked
up.

Is it possible there is an electrical issue?

Bill

'issue' -what's that? i think you mean 'problem' !

this is likely unrelated to your household voltage, as the fault is
too specific. normally things just die or explode if the volts are
off ;-) I assume you have a plasma or lcd Tv? if it is a CRT then it
needs degaussing in the first instance.check also the connecting leads
and try it in another room. we need to narrow down the possible causes
of this odd behaviour.....

-B