Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Dansette 1960s pickup

"N Cook" wrote in message
I decided to take a skew view before wiring in

http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:gra...et/ful-fi4.jpg
2 rings of green silicone rubber sleeving to take silvered wires before
dabs
of gummy glue.
One black rubber pad chamfered to rest in the top cover, yellow-white
rubber
pad cut down , orginal brown rubbery moulding that enclosed both original
rochelle crystals and extensions to both stylii saddles.
The saphire of the original remounted ( coded yellow and green) stylus is
just visible to the top and right of the brown section, through a gap in
the
white plastic casing.
The original small plastic stylus saddle went quite neatly through the
hole
for the original rochelle.
The now unused second brass screw mount for the other stylus and its
corresponding saddle rest flat, on the brown section, is visible on the
lower edge.
Decided to wire in only one active element of the Sonotone and also to
have
more space to play with ditch the 78 option and just use 2 of the original
3
pins and plates to the outside. It is very critical on signal generation
on
how much the rubber supports are compressed, I may cut the thickness down
bit if the sound is ropey.
It would probably be possible, in space terms, to separate the 2 sonotone
and mount one either side and retain double stylus, rotating function.

I wish I could make enough money in the repair business, to have time to
'play' like this ... !! d;~}

Arfa