Posted to alt.home.repair
franz frippl franz frippl is offline

Default Underground phone line cut to house

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 20:31:23 +0000, Jeff wrote:

Happened in my neighbor' s yard. The phone company guys must have spend
20 minutes taking photos before touching anything. I assume to charge
the guilty party. I could see the spray painted line painted by "Miss
Utility" was about a foot from where the dig was so I imagine someone
will be checking if the phone line was buried according to plans or
"Miss Utility" had sprayed off by a foot.

When I had cables marked, I was advised to work no closer than 18-24" to
the line. The paint and flags are only estimates. Best to stay clear or
to dig carefully to expose cables and then proceed.