Inger E Johansson

Default Determining Geologic Sources of Native American Copper

"Eric Stevens" skrev i meddelandet
On 5 Jun 2004 12:34:57 -0700, (Fridrik Skulason)
wrote:

"Inger E Johansson" wrote in message

It was to be delivered to the Old World!

And?

It is still most likely that in was also from there in the first
place. Icelanders did receive quite a lot of silver coins through
trading, and much of that ended up in the hands of the church.

The Vatican tried to get its greedy hands on as much of it as it
could, so most of the silver was shipped back out of the country
anyhow.

I'm sorry, but I see no basis whatsoever for speculating that the
silver from Iceland might be of New World origin.

If my information is correct, it might not be just speculation.

It's definitely not speculation. It's in contemporary documents which I am
trying to link to events mentioned in the Icelandic Annals. I also have it
directly from the Indian tribe who worked in the silver-mine that there was
a trade. That part will be presented later. Working on details which links
and proves the close contact between Greenlanders and Canadian Indians.

Inger E

Eric Stevens