Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Oren Oren is offline

Default Terrazo Floor polishing

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:28:15 -0800, "Cshenk"
wrote:

"Norminn" wrote

Good thing your mom used rubber boots. Bleach and water on terrazzo
became our "skating rink", as kids doing chores. It was fun until I
landed against the wall and knocked a big hole in the sheet rock (LOL)

Full strength bleach? What/who was she trying to kill? The cleaners I
have used, specific for terazzo, stress being "neutral" pH. Don't know
how important that is, but I don't see any purpose in using that. A tough
of bleach to sanitize the mop is all I need.

Dunno, also I was pretty young then so maybe she mixed it with some water.
Mostly she was trying to bleach it white. Worked is all I really recall.

Our instructions from Mom was a warm pale of water, a cup or so of
bleach mixed, scrub the floor a bit and mop up with fresh warm rinse
water.