Jon Elson

Default Website update: Gallery up and running.

SteveB wrote:

I took a brand new mailbox, and lined it with 3/8 plate, and put that on a
pipe. I covered the post with four one by's to make it look like a 4x
post, and set it about 2' into the ground into concrete, which was
intentionally cocked a few degrees. I came by one day to see a new dent in
the mailbox. The plate held up well. I straightened the little metal red
flag. About every couple of years, it would take a new hit, when the
previous mailbox baseball team graduated and a new batch of 16 year olds
would take up the sport.

I would have given 50 bucks to see one of them hit it with a baseball bat.

CLUNK ! ! !

Oh yeah! Bongggg! CRACK! OW! *#&(*#&

There was a great thread about two years ago about a guy who built one
of those brick mailbox posts with a piece of 4" Kelley bar inside,
buried in 4 feet of concrete below the post. Some guys in a 4WD
truck tried to knock it over. no luck. They went and got a friend
with another 4WD to assist, still no luck. Then, the guy in back
backed up and rammed the truck in front, totalling out the engine
in the lead vandal's (dad's) new truck! That truck had to be
abandoned, and the sheriff was there when the guys returned,
presumably with towing chains. OOPS! Not only totalled a new
truck, but got picked up for willful destruction of property.
The neighbors no doubt heard that lecture half a mile away!

Jon