Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default SONY KE-42M1 Plasma problem

The only way to fix these TV's is by board swapping. Component level
service is not supported. Refer to the service manual for any
necessary setups that may be required after board swaps.

Jerry G.
======

On Nov 20, 1:53 pm, Max wrote:
Hi I working on Sony KE-42M1 plasma tv.When tv is on the picture did not
appear but after 2-3 seconds the symphtoms looks like picture wash out
the screen from black to real picture but still picture looks pretty
dark(don't see any colors).If I send 7 bar colors signal all of them is
black.I changed the BP board which is make the video but problem still
exist.My thoughts that it could be Y-board because the power supply is
ok(checked all voltages output)or screen itself.Is anybody had the
similar problem with this model?Any help will be appreciate.Thank you