A.Gent

Default Making plug gauges

"Engineman1" wrote in message
In article , "Harold & Susan Vordos"
writes:

ow any shop survives without at least a few sets of drill blanks is beyond
me. The are so useful that I have several sets of each, numbers, letters
and fractions. Drill (and reamer) blanks have to be one of the best
bargains available for the shop. They can be had from eBay for prices so
low that anyone can afford them. All my spare sets came from that source,
often for less than $20/set.

Stupid question:
Has anyone ever tried to come up whith a more sensible set of sizes for drills
than numbers and letters?

Ummm... yes.
Diameter expressed in millimetres (and decimal fractions thereof).

If so how come it never went over?

Works for me.

Engineman1