Posted to uk.d-i-y
adder1969 adder1969 is offline

Default Removing large amounts of earth

On 20 Nov, 21:20, adder1969 wrote:
On 20 Nov, 19:06, Martin Carroll wrote:

I have had the plans passed on the renovation project and one of the
first tasks will be to level the site.

I am putting a two storey side extension up and also need to level the
rest of the width of the plot for car parking purposes.

At a very rough estimate I will have to remove something like 50m3 of
soil (and some stone/concrete etc.) and was wondering what the cheapest
way of doing this is. Standard Skips are out of the question at £115 a
go.

I will be hiring a digger to do the levelling and I guess I am looking
at pretty big pile of earth to be moved.

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Martin
--
Martin Carroll

Grab lorry at 20 tonnes* and about £200 each. They're so big they can
actually sort of dig to some extent too.
* 20 tonnes or 20 square yards or 20 square metres depending on who
you talk to.

Or one of those giant skips.that's as big a big truck.- Hide quoted text -

I forgot, or hire a truck and take it to a waste site yourself.