Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Strange plumbing situation... can you help me diagnose it?

On Nov 20, 9:09�am, "David L. Martel" wrote:
Adam,

� �Are you on a septic system or do you have municipal sewer? it sounds as
if you have a clog somewhere in the system and probably not in the house. If
it's a septic system then how does the leach field look et c.?

Dave M.

if the main line has tree roots dont panic, have it snaked and then
every few months (fertilize) the water with 25 pounds of rock salt,
this kills the roots but leaves the trees unharmed.

salt works fast if the clog is discovered early./

I have seen partially clooged line here cleared witin a day. I have
been dumping rock salt in my washtub for over 10 years, its cheap and
effective, if rocksalt isnt available softner salt works too.