Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.woodworking,rec.autos.sport.nascar,soc.retirement,rec.motorcycles
Jay Kadis Jay Kadis is offline

Default White Population in the World Set to Drop from 17% to 7% by 2050

In article ,
(Don Pearce) wrote:

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:12:10 -0600, Mark Olson
wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:
On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 11:38:49 -0800, "P. Roehling"
wrote:

"Don Pearce" wrote

Ah, I see you studied your history from such authoritative works as
Rawhide and Wagon Train.

Heh. I majored in history -and psychology- and taught at the University of
California for twelve years thereafter. That included reading really
honest-to-goodness history texts written by really honest-to-goodness
American history scholars, and it's pretty amusing to hear a Brit try to
teach American history to someone who was raised in the American
southwest,
went to school there, and has taught the subject himself.

But hey; feel free to cite your authoritative texts that show that (in
your
words) "the huge majority of cowboys were black or Chinese".

Don't believe you. Give me some references to your papers so I can
look you up. I thought Google's academic search might throw up a few,
but strangely there was nought but silence.

Unless my reading comprehension is inferior to yours, Mr. Roehling
never claimed to have published any papers. He did say he read
history texts and taught history.

When you teach at a University, one of your jobs is to write and
publish papers. It is what keeps you credible within the faculty. If
he wasn't publishing papers, he wasn't teaching.

Many if not most of us teaching at a university are lecturers and are
not expected to do research or publish.

-Jay

--
x------- Jay Kadis ------- x ---- Jay's Attic Studio ----x