Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] else24@gmail.com is offline

Default Quietest Shop Vac? Need in a hurry!

On Nov 19, 7:49 pm, Tanus wrote:

I like that idea for a basement shop,
but I'm in a small outdoor shop. My idea
is to mount the vac outside and run the
power cord and hose through holes in the
wall.

I forgot to mention that the box is on casters, I moved the shop out
to the garage a few years ago, and I get a lot of use out of that
station. But after checking out your shop link, I agree with your
choice to keep it outside. I would worry about blowing rain on the
motor but I think judicious use of an old tarp or plastic sheet to
protect it on all sides while still giving it lots of ventilation
would be easy enough to do. Probably would muffle it a bit besides.

I was also going to say something like "Gosh, you'd need a really long
hose."
But now I'm not. :-)

Dan