Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Quietest Shop Vac? Need in a hurry!

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 22:00:32 -0500, "Upscale" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message

Since it went on the "blower" side, I tried running a hose from the blower

side
to a corner of the shop about 12' away and noticed a BIG reduction of
noise..YMWV

*Is* it actually quieter or is there just less noise getting to where you
happening to be listening?

Nobody gets a free lunch, it just moves the noise, I think..
Works for me, though, especially since I do most of my "vacuuming" with the DC,
so I'd rather the vac exhausts out a window or at least away from me..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing