Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default BT Phone Number

"Adrian" wrote in message
reenews.net...
David in Normandy (David in Normandy ) gurgled
happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Last time we moved house in the UK, we wanted BT to transfer the
home/business number to the new address.

A week later an engineer turned up and put a new BT box on the wall and
finally the number worked. Being a home based business I lost over a
week of customer enquiries and sales.

Presumably this was purchased from BT as a business line, giving you the
faster response and higher priority they assign to business lines?

ROTFL

I've currently got three different problems on business lines that I am
trying to get BT to sort out, one dating back to December 2005.

Colin Bignell