Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Underground phone line cut to house

In article
,
wrote:

The line has already been patched (by telco) in the middle of its 1
furlong run one time from when the elec co. broke the phone line.

If I know there already exists one (or more) buried splices in a single run of
buried drop, I usually have the line replaced. Given their assured, eventual
failure, more than one or two buried splices further reduces the usable life
of the line.

Surely this encapsulant can be purchased somewhere. Its a large city
here.

Graybar Electric comes to mind, but you didn't hear it from me.
--

JR