Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default Spindle Gouges

Ted here's a link to the P&N gouges, just click on the "view" sign and
it shows you the profile of all their gouges.
I have the bowl, spindle and detail gouges and a couple more from P&N,
and no they are not the same, doesn't mean you couldn't use either one
to do the job, but you certainly would notice the difference.
Some like to use a spindle gouge as a bowl gouge, seems to work also.
Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Nov 19, 1:44 pm, Ted wrote:
What is the difference between a spindle gouge and a detail gouge
other than the grind? Are the flutes the same depth? Can one be
ground into the other? I have used bowl gouges for years but have not
done much spindle work.

Thanks,
Ted