Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.woodworking,rec.autos.sport.nascar,soc.retirement,rec.motorcycles
Don Pearce Don Pearce is offline

Default White Population in the World Set to Drop from 17% to 7% by 2050

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 22:14:42 -0800, "P. Roehling"
wrote:

"Don Pearce" wrote

Don't believe you.

Who cares what you believe? You also claim to believe that "the huge
majority of cowboys were black or Chinese". Now either cite your proofs for
that claim or admit you were wrong.

Once again: there were quite a few Chinese in the western United States
between the California Gold Rush of 1849 and the beginning of the 20th
century. They did lots of different jobs (in fact, the town I live in sports
hundreds of split-granite-boulder walls and curbs that were built pre-1900
almost exclusively by Chinese labor) but Chinese cowboys? While it's always
possible there were a few who got missed by the historians, I have seen no
records of them existing at all; much less being extremely numerous.

Give me some references to your papers so I can
look you up. I thought Google's academic search might throw up a few,
but strangely there was nought but silence.

Proving that you know even less about the hiring practices of the University
of California than you do about the American old west.

"Publish or perish" is still the rule for tenured faculty at UC, but I was
never tenured faculty, just a year-to-year contract employee who taught
night school. (Matter of fact, contract employees don't have to have a Ph.D,
or even a Master's degree to teach. All they have to do is be able to teach
a subject that the University needs taught and be willing to get paid
considerably less than the tenured instructors.)

Your claim shrinks somewhat when challenged. You have failed.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com