Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default BT Phone Number

On 20 Nov, 12:43, "Dave Liquorice" wrote:
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:20:26 +0100, David in Normandy wrote:
Last time we moved house in the UK, we wanted BT to transfer the
home/business number to the new address. When I eventually got to speak
to someone and I gave them the new address they said the address did not
exist.

Mistake in the post code? There is this mythical belief that everywhere
has a postcode *and* is a delivery point within that postcode. This is
very bad belief and the database that drives it isn't 100% accurate in the
first place.

Seems highly plausible... I once renovated a property which had fallen
off the postcode database (having been absorbed into next door), and
although I went through all the right channels to get it re-instated
when the property became 'stand-alone' again, during the intervening
months before it reappeared on every database, I had a hell of a job
when it came to getting services connected and having anything
delivered.

"Sorry sir, that address doesn't exist"

"I'm b********* standing in it!"

David