Posted to uk.d-i-y
chudford chudford is offline

Default IKEA Sink Waste

Has anyone fitted an IKEA sink waste trap successfully?
It comes with a cup under the plughole attached to the bottle trap by
sliding tube arrangement about 300mm long.
The outlet from the trap is a 6mm flexible (but not very) tube like
an
elephant's trunk. This is connected to the drain by an adapter.
I have fitted this and it it looks awful and all hangs on the screw in
the
plug hole!
The washing machine hose also hangs off this arrangement.
I would prefer to fit a standard trap under the plug hole. Does
anyone know
if the Screwfix Strainer Waste 85413 will fit the IKEA sinks?
Thanks for your help