Posted to uk.d-i-y
David in Normandy David in Normandy is offline

Default BT Phone Number

In article , says...

Don't bother. BT are the second worst* company anywhere to get hold of on
the phone. You go through multiple menus to end up holding on in an

Last time we moved house in the UK, we wanted BT to transfer the
home/business number to the new address. When I eventually got to speak
to someone and I gave them the new address they said the address did not
exist. I got passed to someone else, then someone else. Every person I
spoke to said the address did not exist. Each one asked if it was a new-
build so possibly not on their system - I patiently repeated myself each
time saying the property was over 100 years old and already had a BT
socket on the wall and a wire going to it from a telegraph pole outside.

Eventually they agreed the address must exist so a date was made for an
engineer to visit and install a phone line (despite the fact it already
had one). The engineer didn't turn up. Another nightmare on the phone
with BT saying the missed appointment didn't exist!!! They made another
appointment.

They then failed to turn up for this visit - another phone call but at
least they acknowledged it was their fault and made yet another
appointment

A week later an engineer turned up and put a new BT box on the wall and
finally the number worked. Being a home based business I lost over a
week of customer enquiries and sales.

BT = Bunch of *******

--
David in Normandy