Ernie Leimkuhler

Default Website update: Gallery up and running.

In article , bob1770
wrote:

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote in message
In article , Jon Elson
wrote:

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:
My photo gallery is up and running.

Wow, a lot of cool stuff!

Are those garage door springs on the hydraulic press? Those
things snap after so many cycles. And, they are REAL exciting
when they do. I've been in the garage twice when mine let go,
and I was REALLY glad somebody had told me about the safety
cables for them. One time, the whole spring went into a wall
and nearly tore down the whole garage!

Safety cables would help in your design, but I wouldn't want to
be operating the press just inches from those springs if they
let go, safety cable or not!

Just a thought....

Jon

The garage door springs are under very little stress.
The springs on the air-hydraulic jack are compressing the cylinder.
The springs only have to lift the weight of the upper carriage.

I might add some safety cables anyway.

Did you build that mailbox for the local bomb squad! Nice stuff.

It is for a friend who lives in the country.
Identity theft is sweeping Washington state, especially in rural areas
where mailboxes are sometimes miles from a house.

Bomb-shelter mailboxes are getting very popular.
Usually welding to a 10 foot length of 4" pipe driven into the ground.