Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_3_] Steve Barker[_3_] is offline

Default Underground phone line cut to house

If the problem is on THEIR side of the user friendly box, then it's THEIR
problem. Just call and say the phone is not working, and it's dead at the
test port also.

wrote in message

The guy said the TELCO would do it for free, not the guy personally.
Which would be great, if it was true. I'm just not really convinced
its true and I don't want to tell them what address it is until I'm
sure there won't be any cost to me. (for the reasons I mentioned
above).

House built 1974. Underground black cable, goldish metallic shielding,
ten strands of multi-cored wire inside, coated with a clearish gel-
like substance. All original as far as I know. It is buried way back
from the tel pole at the road, about 1 furlong (660 feet). The
connections that restored the service were the solid blue and the blue/
white strands. I've left the rest unconnected for now, but protected
from the elements.

phil