Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default Underground phone line cut to house

On Nov 19, 1:44 pm, wrote:
On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:04:54 -0800 (PST), Pat

wrote:
The UFPO in NY only works in the right-of-way and the lines only have
to be within (something like) 4' of the actual line.

That was my experience too. They flagged the right of way but did not
locate my phone line, which we hit ... of course. Fortunately I had a
roll of flooded phone cable I found in a dumpster so I just had my
"labor" ditch it in and I connected it up to there green post on the
ROW. Their line was about 2" deep. I put it back about 18" down and
"sleeved" it under the new driveway in a 2" PVC.

For you, the OP, and everyone else -- don't forget to put down the
safety tape before you fill the trench back in.