Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default goblets/glasses for art show - 07 goblets.jpg (0/1) - tea lite w-ring.jpg (0/1)

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 21:32:04 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article , mac davis
wrote:

Thinning down the list of stuff for the upcoming show...
The wife wants to take just about everything, I'm trying to limit it to about
30
or so items..

I REALLY like the captured ring one. I just bought a tool for doing
them
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...,330,49233&ap=
1

but haven't had a chance to play with it. I've been cranking out
dibblers... They're almost selling faster than I can make them.

It was an early attempt, Dave... I've learned quite a bit since, especially the
sanding part...
That goblet has about 4 hours of hand sanding the inside of the rings... I know
better now.. *g*

My wife bought me a similar tool from PSI and later, when I started trying to
make stuff with more than one ring, I bought their set of beading tools..
Makes it a little easier to make the beads closer in size..

One of my favorites is this tea light holder... about 3" tall..
I think it's more the ring-to-stem ratio I'm aiming at..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing