Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Honeywell Heating Thermostats: My Experience With

On Nov 19, 8:21 am, Rick Blaine wrote:
M Q wrote:
You should not always trust the temperature display on thermostats:

The Honeywell pro models have a display adjustment where the installer can add a
positive or negative offset to the displayed room temp!

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars

Short cycling will put more wear on components and reduce efficency a
on your unit. It takes time to warm up a unit to full eficiency. How
many times it runs an hour and you comfort will determine what is
best. If it runs only five minutes or so then it never reaches full
efficency. While you had to large a swing before you may have none now
which can be adjusted with your new thermostat. Try increasing the
temp differential and see what you can live with. I increase mine till
im uncomfortable then cut it back a bit