Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mike mike is offline

Default Selenium rectifier testing ?

James Sweet wrote:
If you want to listen to the radio, there are lots better ways to do it.

OLD radios have emotional and monetary value just because they're old.
I never understood why people pay huge bux for something just because it's
old..."Hey, look at me, I just paid big bux for a radio that
sounds like crap!! But I got one of only 1000 in existence.
Ain't I cool?"...but I digress...

Well you may not agree with it, but it's certainly a common human thing to
do. People pay big bucks for things a lot less useful than an old radio, one
needs only to walk past a jewelry store to observe this. Diamonds are good
for cutting things, that's my view, but obviously a whole lot of people
disagree with me.

That said, there's just nothing quite like listening to an old radio,
definitely an emotional component to it, my '37 Zenith console is the only
radio I ever listen to.

Post a picture of the rig you use to take that zenith jogging.

I agree, I just don't practice.

I can think of only one old thing that I wish I still had...nope,
I really don't want her back either... ;-)

Out with the old, in with the fully depreciated...

--
Return address is VALID!