Posted to rec.woodworking
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Quietest Shop Vac? Need in a hurry!

Buy the Harbor Freight Tools Dust Collector instead, the shop vac you
described will run you nealry the cost of the HFT (possibly more!) put
it on wheels for the time being and put the uctwork for it on your
XMAS LIST.

I was considering that option last night too, but came to the conclusion
that I use the shop vac for a lot of tasks outside the shop. Vacuuming the
cars, cleaning the woodstove, drywall work, spring cleaning the house,
remodeling work at my in-laws, etc.

Considering the costs, I'm wondering about buying a better shop vac and
postponing the dust collector a little longer. My main gripe with this is
the better vacs are usually larger, which means less portability. As it is
my wife complained about lugging my 12 gallon vac out to clean the cars.
It would also be harder to transport a larger vac to work at my in-laws.

I'll have to see what I can find locally today, as I don't have the time to
wait for a vac to be shipped.

Anthony