Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rebecca Rebecca is offline

Default Waste run off from slimline (4mm) shower tray?

Hi All,

We will be having a new slimline shower tray installed and have heard
that they dont drain very quickly as they are so shallow. We have
bought this so pls don't tell me to not buy it!

My query is whether it would make any difference to the drainage speed
if the waste pipe has as few pipe joins as possible? The pipe cd go
straight out to a drain but it will look rather unslightly on front of
house. Otherwise, it could run into a different drain but means about
3 pipe joins at different angles but plumber thinks more joins means
it might drain slower (or is he just keener on simpler job?!).

Thanks
Vx