Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default New wooden door

TMC wrote:
"John" wrote in message
I've had to put a new wooden door on the garage. What's the best way of
treating this? Normally I'd wait for a dry summer day and varnish it but
can I use varnish when it's freezing like this? Luckily it's in a
sheltered spot which doesn't get much rain so it'll stay mostly dry over
winter but I'd still like to treat it asap. Given the choice I wouldn't
have done it now but since the old one broke we had to get a new one put
in.

Sadolin?

From their website they seem to be similar to most others in that they
advise against applying the varnish if below 5C. I suppose I'll have to
wait until a dry warmish (for the time of year) day.

"Do not apply if there is a risk of rain, or when air/substrate
temperatures are below 5°C or above 30°C during application or drying
periods. Protect from frost and rain until dry. Failure to meet these
requirements may adversely affect the drying, visual quality and
durability of the finish."
--
John