Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cost to move Hot water tank

On Nov 19, 8:25�am, still just me wrote:
On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 20:20:01 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
will the vent be shorter good? or longer? longer mightr be bad.
will you need a new electric outlet at the proposed location?
I think the 500 buck estimate is on target or low.
why not call a couple local plumbers and get some quotes

Best advise yet. It doesn't matter what people here estimate, it's
what you get for local quotes that counts.

I once had a plumber quote me $1200 to replace an electric hot water
heater. That's disconnecting & re-connecting two copper pipes and one
electrical wire. I had already priced the same unit he was going to
use and it was $350 retail, so that was $850 for about two hours of
labor. When I told him he was nuts, I called the office and they said
they could knock off $100 but that was it. Of course, it was Saturday
and they figured they had me over a barrel.

LOL - that was the day I finally bit the bullet and learned how to
solder copper pipe.

lots of companies charge what the market will bear, rather than what
its worth