Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Terrazo Floor polishing

ralph wrote:

On Nov 18, 3:42 pm, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 12:31:40 -0800 (PST), ralph
wrote:

Hi
I have an Florida house built in the 1940's with Terrazo flooring but
has been covered with carpet. I am looking a taking off the carpet and
polishing the terrazzo. My question is, Home depot has the following
piece of equipment that I can rent. Can it be used to polish the
flooring and why type of pads do you recommend to use?

Thanks in advance

Can't answer the polish question. If this carpet has tack-strip nailed
into the Terrazzo - you need to repair the nail holes before polish.

Search - terrazzo maintenance.

What is a good materal to use to repair the tack strip holes ?

I don't know what the pro's use, but grout would probably work fine.
There are also art materials that can be mixed to your color of choice
and dry hard....acryllic paint with medium. Probably available matte or
glossy. I love terazzo, and our condo is the only one in our building
that isn't tiled over the terazzo. Kitchen, baths and hallway. Tough
stuff.