Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Which DVD Player is more reliable?

Meat Plow wrote:

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 07:23:35 -0800, hr(bob) wrote:

I need to get a cheap DVD player for a rental property. I have a
choice of a Philips or a Memorex DVD player for $24.99 USD. Anyone
have any thoughts/printable comments about which might be more
reliable?

At that price it's basically a disposable unit. Sitting here on my desk is
an Oritron player.

A decent company.

One of those half sized units just wide enough for the
tray and a button or two. I have it hooked up to my Olevia 32" LCD via
component connection, what a picture for 480p. I've used this Oritron (who
knows who made it)

Oritron actually. I've even been to one of their factories. They were making DVD
players on the line at the time and they ship FOUR 40 foot containers of them
from that factory DAILY ! They're a BIG company.
http://www.oritron.com/

Graham